The days of reading old, boring IT Technician Job Ads are over. We just gotta’ ask…
- Tired of being treated like just a “geek?”
- Feel like your career is stuck in “rinse and repeat” mode?
- Are you fed up with poor pay for being a really good tech?
Well, you’re reading this. That’s good. That means, you’re ready for a change. So are we.
We are Magnitech, a Managed Services Provider (MSP) that serves the technology demands and network needs of businesses in the Naperville area and beyond. Each of us make up a brilliant team of dedicated intellectuals, some are great at Sales & Marketing, and others are great at Technology & Network infrastructures. Every role, serving an absolute purpose.
That’s where you come in… Keep reading, it gets better.
We don’t want a tech that just knows computers. We could find that really easily. Instead, here are just a few of the skills we expect to recruit:
- Proficient Ability to Take Care of People and their Technology.
- Superior Capacity to Communicate with Clients and Customers.
- Strong Knowledge of Dell, Windows and Cloud-based Solutions.
- A Powerful Desire to be Coached and Trained, to Succeed as an Individual.
Now, let’s talk about the Why you’d want to work here..
We have a wonderful Benefits Package for our Employees, which include Medical, and Dental coverage, in addition to a 401k option. We have a competitive salary range, and it’s reserved for the right candidate to learn in the interview process.
Ready for the next step? Good, here are a few final details to consider..
We do not believe that, being career-stuck is a strategy. The greatest rewards are reserved for those, who want to be more and then put in the work, to be their best version of themselves. We expect to retain the best, and that’s why we are so bold about what we want – because we expect to find it.
What We Are Looking For..
The Technical Support Specialist will provide end-user support for clients contracted for Managed IT Services. The successful candidate will work primarily on the help desk, open tickets, provide tier 1 support, stage client computers, escalate tickets accordingly, and resolve tickets. This position will report directly to the Technical Service Manager.
Education: College Degree Preferred
Certifications: Some variation of CompTIA, ITIL, vmWare, Microsoft preferred
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and determine severity of end-user issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must have organization skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Must have the ability to adhere to a calendar and be prompt.
- Must be able to rapidly shift between tasks.
- Must be able to build rapport with a wide range of individuals.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must adapt to various situations with ease.
- Must have an understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating systems, including mobile (iOS, Android).
- Must know how to identify parts inside of a computer, and build computers.
- Must have a basic understanding of Active Directory, Microsoft Domains, WiFi, MS Office, Network Printing, tablets, laptops, and desktops.
Additional Strengths Desired:
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, VPN.
- Coachable and trainable.
- Experience with Dell computers.
- Experience with ConnectWise Manage, Automate, and Control applications (formerly ConnectWise, LabTech and ScreenConnect).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with cloud-based applications (Dropbox, Office 365, Google Apps, etc).
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- Retirement Plan (401k) after 1 year of service.
- Working in a Cool, High Tech Office.
Send in your Cover Letter and Resume by via this ad and be sure to list in the Cover Letter, why this specific role fits into your Career Path. Only submissions with these articulations, will be considered.